Shadow Ability is a gameplay feature in Shadow Fight 3. It is a special ability which can be used while in Shadow Form. Each ability gives different effect to either the player or enemy, like causing a shockwave by stomping the ground, creating a burst of explosion, dashing in very high speed, and many more. Shadow Abilities are contained in equipment, so wearing that equipment allows the player to use the corresponding Shadow Ability in fights. Each piece of equipment of rarity higher than Common has its own Shadow Ability. The damage dealt by Shadow Ability is determined by Helms.
Using Shadow Ability
Shadow Ability cannot be blocked but may be dodged. It also can stop the Legion's "temporary uninterruption" interval. Shadow Ability cannot deal Head Hits or Critical Hits (with some exceptions). In order to use a Shadow Ability, a piece of gear that carries the ability must be equipped. However, this only applies to the player and most enemies, while a number of enemies are excepted. Some enemies can still use an ability despite not equipping the required gear.
Shadow Abilities can only be used while in Shadow Form; the character can enter Shadow Form when the Shadow Energy bar is fully charged. The bar is located under the health bar, and both the player and the opponents start a fight with the bar filled halfway through, unless enforced by a fight rule or modified with Perks. The bar is recharged by dealing or taking damage. Taking damage recharges the Shadow Energy bar faster than dealing damage. This applies to both the player and opponent.
Once the bar is fully charged, the character can use an ability to enter Shadow Form or simply press the Shadow Ability button to enter it. To use an ability, players must press the Shadow button along with a directional button. A Shadow Ability has a cooldown time. Therefore, characters cannot spam a Shadow Ability as much as they want. Shadow Form lasts for 10 seconds. There are circumstances where the Shadow Energy bar is missing, therefore preventing the use of Shadow Form, or enemy's Shadow Energy bar is always full, therefore the enemy is in unlimited Shadow Form.
Shadow Alteration Perks
Below is the list of perks that are related to Shadow Energy. They can either alter the Shadow Energy bar or give additional advantages by entering Shadow Form or using Shadow Abilities.
- Recollection - Gain more Shadow Energy after receiving a Head hit.
- Shadow Burn - Reduce the opponent's Shadow Energy and health. Can be triggered with weapon Shadow Abilities.
- Shadow Leech - Absorb the opponent's Shadow Energy. Can be triggered with weapon Shadow Abilities.
- Shadow Kick - Gain more Shadow Energy when kicking. Can be used to extend Shadow Form duration
- Rising Tide - Gain more Shadow Energy by dealing 3 (or more) hits combo. Can be used to extend Shadow Form duration.
- Accumulation - Gain more Shadow Energy by dealing Critical hits. Can be used to extend Shadow Form duration.
- Aphotic Barrier - Increase defense after exiting Shadow Form.
- Shadow Charge - Gain more Shadow Energy by receiving a hit.
- Amplification - First Shadow Ability used after entering Shadow Form deals more damage.
- Deterrence - Reduce the opponent's Shadow Energy by using Shadow Abilities.
- Discharge - Reduce the opponent's Shadow Energy by attacking. Can be triggered with weapon Shadow Abilities.
- Recharge - Gain more Shadow Energy by attacking. Can be used to extend Shadow Form duration. Can be triggered with weapon Shadow Abilities.
- Shadow Affinity - Gain additional Shadow Energy at the start of a round.
- Shadow Remedy - Recover health when entering Shadow Form. Work only once per round.
- Transfusion - Recover health when using Shadow Abilities.
- Vaporization - Increases damage depending on Shadow Energy amount the opponent has.
Shadow Alteration Set Bonuses
There are some set bonuses that alter the way the user gain Shadow Energy or reduce their opponent's Shadow Energy.
- Scourge Liquidator - Burns the opponent's Shadow Energy with each successful swords or arbalest hit.
- Warmonger - Receives additional shadow energy for every hit received during unbreakable state.
- Condensing Eraser - Adds 20% to Shadow Energy on every successful block. Recharge the ability by attacking the opponent.
- Guardian Dragon - Gains 7.5% Shadow Energy with each successful guandao hit.
- Arrow - Gain Shadow Energy bonus for steps, rolls, jumps and swaps.
- Star Chaser - Becomes invincible for 10 seconds and enters Shadow Form after losing all health.
- Divine Judge - Instantly fills Shadow Energy bar by delivering 3 unblocked strikes. It vanishes after 3 seconds, receiving attack from the opponent or one Shadow Ability usage.
- Void Warden - Contaminates opponent's Shadow Energy on each successful hit. Fully contaminated energy deals damage and disappears.
- Festival King - Drinking from a flask can give you a chance to restore some Shadow Energy.
- Spring Champion - Gradually regenerates Shadow Energy, the closer the user is to the opponent, the more regeneration rate increases. It vanishes after one Shadow Ability usage.
List of Weapon's Shadow Abilities
To use a weapon's Shadow Ability, press the Shadow button + Forward directional button (the direction in which the character is facing the opponent). The cooldown time for weapon's Shadow Abilities is 5 seconds. The weapon's Shadow Abilities can trigger the effects of some weapon perks.
List of Armor Shadow Abilities
Press the Shadow button + Down directional button to use armor's Shadow Ability. The cooldown time for armor Shadow Abilities is 7 seconds.
List of Helm Shadow Abilities
Press the Shadow + Up directional button to use helm's Shadow Ability. The cooldown time for helm Shadow Abilities is 7 seconds.
|Icon||Name||Available on||Ability Overview|
|Choke||All Rare Helms|
|Uppercut||All Epic, All Legendary Helms from Chapter I, Fiery North (Legendary Helm)|
|Pivot||All Legendary Helms from Chapter IV - VII
All Unique Helms
|Whirl||All Rare Helms|
|Burst||All Epic, Legendary and Unique Helms|
|Repel||All Rare Helms|
|Eruption||All Epic, Legendary and Unique Helms|
List of Ranged Weapon Shadow Abilities
To use ranged weapon's Shadow Ability, press the Shadow + Forward/Backward directional button (opposite to the direction the character is facing the opponent). The cooldown time for ranged weapon Shadow Abilities is 7 seconds.
|Icon||Name||Available on||Ability Overview|
|Collapse||Epic and Legendary Naginata, before Chapter IV update.||Telekinetically stabs two Naginatas up from the ground, one in front and one behind the opponent, then slams them both down on the opponent in the middle, smashing back into the ground.|
- Aside from allowing the character to use Shadow Abilities, being in Shadow Form also increases the damage of other attacks.
- Two-handed Swords and Sabers are the only weapon that feature a different Shadow Ability on their Epic and Legendary (and Unique) version.
- Naginata are the only weapons that have their Epic and Legendary versions share the same Shadow Ability as their Rare counterpart.
- Harpoons and Blasters are the only ranged weapons that have their Epic and Legendary versions share the same Shadow Ability as their Rare counterpart.
- Mash, Skeet, Meteorite, Whirlwind, Circulator, Displacement, Trip, Ripper, Peg-Top, Removal, Trail, and Bolt are the only Shadow Abilities that are capable of dealing Head Hits.
- Ranged weapon Shadow Abilities can deal Critical Hits, one way to activate this is to hold the punch button while the Shadow Ability is being executed. The Critical Hits can be guaranteed if the Critical Charge is active.
- However, there are only a few Shadow Abilities are capable of doing this, provided that their execution time is long enough for the player to hold the punch button.
- On some rare occasions, Helm and Armor Shadow Abilities can also deal critical damage.
- Some of the Shadow Abilities function similar to certain moves from Shadow Fight 2. Examples are the Choke ability which is similar to the Mind Throw Magic, and the Tumble ability which functions in a similar manner to the Desolator Super Slash move. Both of them are the unique attacks used by Titan.
- Divine Judge's and Spring Champion's Shadow Abilities aren't affected by cooldown time. Therefore, users can still use Shadow Ability while their cooling time are not yet over.
- Unlike other Rare equipments, Rare Traps, Rare Spikes, Rare Electromines doesn't have any Shadow Ability.
- The Ram Shadow Ability also gives an unbreakable interval, except this one works against absolutely everything (Even Shadow Abilities, but citation is needed for Boss Abilities), and is the only non weapon based Shadow Ability that gives an unbreakable interval.