Armor is one of the four types of equipment that are available in Shadow Fight 3, along with weapon, helm, and ranged weapon. Armor reduces the damage dealt to the body and increases the power of unarmed attacks (punches, kicks, and throws). Armor also defines the fighting style of a character.
Armors are classified based on their rarity: Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. The higher the rarity, the better the armor (they have higher upgrade value, better shadow abilities and more perks and special move can be attached to them). Common armors do not have Shadow Ability and carry one slot. All rare armors of a faction share the same Shadow abilities and they carry two slots. Epic and Legendary armors come with unique Shadow ability and they carry three slots.
Armors can be bought from the store. Otherwise, they can be obtained from chests won in duels, booster packs, or looted from defeated opponents. If the players receive an armor that is already owned, a part of an upgrade bar fills up. When the upgrade bar is fully filled up, the armor gets upgraded and a number of Shadow Energy is given. Better chests and booster packs may contain armors with higher rarity. As for the drops from opponents, the players may obtain armors with random rarity; it is possible to get an armor with Epic or Legendary rarity, but the chance is small.
Some armors belong to some equipment sets, which give a fight bonus when fully equipped. When the player collects a certain set for the first time, they can get a reward. The reward for each set can only be obtained once.
These are bulky armors with strong moves. These armors limit movements but they are compensated by their high defense.
These are lightweight armors with swift moves and plenty of combo.
These are highly advanced armors with precise moves.
Special armors are limited-time armors that can only be obtained from the marathon. They are only available during special events. Once obtained, special armors will stay with the players even if the event is already over. Their rarity is classified as Unique and comes with 3 slots.
|Monkey King Outfit||Dynasty||Lunar New Year|
|Sanguine Cowl||Legion||Sanguine Forest|
|Sakura Phantom||Heralds||Blossom Festival|
|Frozen Dragon||Dynasty||Dragon Lesson|
|Crimson Thirst||Legion||Creepy Party|
|Shadow of the Snow||Heralds||Winter Frenzy|
- There are a total of 82 armors in the game, consisting of 18 armors from each Common and Legendary rarities, 20 armors from each Rare and Epic rarities, and 6 Unique armors.
- The Critical chance for bare-handed moves is 8%, regardless of the armor equipped (if any) or the fighting style utilized.
- The players assume the fighting style of the Legion faction if they do not have an armor equipped.
- Legion armors do not allow the character to perform wall jump.
- During the tutorial, the players receive and must equip the Training Uniform while being instructed regarding equipment usage.
- There is a bug involving armor power, where if the armor equipped by the player is stronger than the currently equipped weapon, that weapon will use the armor's unarmed attack power to deal damage.